Translator

Monday 19 March 2018

Mixed Media Canvas


Hi creative friends, it’s been a while since I have got messy creating a mixed media project. So I decided it would be fun to make a piece of home decor for my craft room.
This canvas measures approximately 12 x 9 inches.


I started by giving my MDF oval shape a coat of Gesso and once dry I added a layer of Multi Medium. Next I separated the layers of my beautiful vintage napkin and placed the top layer onto the MDF. Once dry I added another couple of layers of Multi Medium to seal it. I heat embossed around the edges with a gold coloured Embossing Powder. Who would have ever thought this started out as a napkin.


The next stage was to create my background onto my canvas. I started by adding Embossing paste through my brick stencil. Once dry I added a layer of Tissue paper with Multi Medium adding creases and puckers and exposing my bricks.


I then added some lace round the outside of my canvas to help frame it. Also adding some dry wall tape, Art stones and more lace around the area my picture would sit and some chipboard shapes for extra detail. Once I was happy I gave my canvas a layer of Gesso to seal everything. Then onto the fun part of using a mix of sprays from 13Arts and Lindys.


Once I had dried with my heat gun I started to highlight all my texture by dry brushing on some Gesso. I also heat embossed some sparkly Embossing Powder for another detail, which unfortunately hasn't been captured in the photos.


My butterfly was made with Resin wings which had been coloured and shaded with Gilding Wax. 


The antennas are wire from my flowers curled into shape and heat embossed with gold, finishing with a rose in the centre.


Onto the fun part of layering on my floral bouquet, accents of pearls onto my chipboard shapes and bling around my lace frame.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, your visits are always appreciated.

Crafty Hugs 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely work Julie.....πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’–πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas and love all the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous, Julie! I love vintage photos--where do you find napkins with them on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Patty. The shop I bought the vintage napkins from in the U.K. has closed but Little Birdie Crafts stocks them. You will find their page on FB which shows a variety of them x

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie, gorgeous card. Fabulous detail. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! The details are just stunning. Each time I look I find more and more. It makes me want to do something like this. I’m off to find my stash and get down to work on something like this.
    As always your work inspires me to craft. I hope that I can take some of your ideas . You are a very inspirational lady. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is much much more than beautiful....wowwwwwww...... I wished I lived where you live and you could give me some advise to make something this pretty.
    I am learning by looking and reading about mixed media.....I am going to follow a workshop in may.....I have so much to learn about this but we are never to old to learn isn't it.
    Have a lovely day....xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas Julie !! So Beautiful details I Love this .
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..your canvas is stunning..the colour and textures are just gorgeous and how pretty is the image..beautiful..
    Thank you so much for joining in with this months challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much to see and love Julie! Lucky you to have a husband to do the photography - your photos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely canvas and a gorgeous vintage effect. Wonderful textures and details.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours, layout and flowers. Thank you for joining in the challenge on the Love to create blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved your work, Julie! Soft pastel shades with a vintage flavor and those flowers are a perfect add here! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, Good Luck. Rupa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10