Translator

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Craft Consortium- Winter Woodland New Release


Hi everyone, today for my DT post with Craft Consortium I am so pleased to be finally able to share with you all my first project using the new enchanting Winter Woodland paper pad by Hackney and co. This pad is full of exquisite hand illustrated floral designs and woodland creatures and also has co-ordinating Silicone Stamps and the most gorgeous small metal acorns that are a must for any Christmas project.


When I first browsed through this paper pad I felt transported into a magical Woodland as I oohed and aahed at the papers which also reminded me of a scene from the film Bambi which I watched as a child. I knew then I wanted to replicate my thoughts of this Pad within a mixed media styled book. I decided I wanted my book to look quite plain on the outside so the magic of the Woodland came to life upon opening it.


My book was made by covering chipboard for my covers and the pages were formed in a concertina effect using my Scorpal board and gluing the strips together to form the basis of my book. It also helped for building a 3D dimensional effect.


Inside you can see I used more of the beautiful papers, fussy cutting some of the characters to build my winter scene adding lots of Snowtex, Glamour Dust, Glass Glitter, Stickles and Snowflake Paste.


Touches of Lace from the Always and Forever collection have been used around the inside of my book and the outside binding.

Here is a photo show of my book that Rachael from Craft Consortium kindly made for me sharing a lot more pictures of my book that my Husband had taken.


Hope you enjoy and I'd love to hear your comments.

I'm sure you have also fallen in love with this Winter Woodland Paper Pad and are desperate to get it. It will be launching on Create and Craft soon and will initially be exclusive to them. Shortly afterwards it will be available directly from Craft Consortium and craft shops. Just keep an eye on social media for launch date.

Do check out Craft Consortium and follow them on Facebook and Instagram for regular inspiration, giveaways and more inspiration of the Winter Woodland pad from the design team.

Crafty Hugs
Julie x

I wish to enter this in to the following Challenges:

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
Mixed Media World - Anything Mixed Media Goes
A Vintage Journey - Altered Art
Creative Artiste Mixed Media - Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Dies R Us Challenge - Fancy Corners Challenge
Eclectic Ellapu - Floral and Fauna Challenge
Mini Album Makers - Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares - Canada the Beautiful Dare

32 comments:

  1. Julie I just can't stop commenting on this I absolutely love this it's stunning hugs S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is one amazing project Julie...so much of love you have poured into it and the deer and the woodland creatures are placed so perfectly. I also love how you added little tit bits between the pages
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Julie, love the dimension and the scene you set. Gorgeous details and I love the touch of colour and those toadstools are a lovely touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Julie! Its amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond gorgeous Julie! love it to bits. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Julie, a winter wonderland! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW this is just so magical, I so wish I could just walk right into there, stunning creation Julie
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous box Julie, love the softness and beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your book is stunning Julie and I am amazed that you made the actual book too..brilliant. You have created the perfect woodland scene with your papers....it really is beautiful. There are so many textures and layers, a real winter wonderland. I will look forward to seeing the show on C+C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly stunning Julie, you are so right about those papers, they are gorgeous. The little winter scene you created inside your book box is exquisite, it has a wonderful magic quality to it and just makes you want to step inside..... Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at Mini Album Makers! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waw Gorgeous Julie !!!
    So many beautiful details what a beautiful box i Love It .
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Julie this is stunning!!!!!! Yes the papers are gorgeous too, but you are the one who took bits and pieces of the papers to make this an amazing and stunning project! So so gorgeous!!!! Would you be willing to share instructions on how to make this book???? Would love to make one too! Thanks so much! And Thank you so much for joining us in our mid-month challenge at Dies R Us! Hope to see you in a couple weeks for our new month's challenge!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Jo- DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo Jo, thanks for your lovely comment. The next time I make one of these books I will make a tutorial to share.
      Julie x

      Delete
  13. OMG! This is just gorgeous!! What an awesome gift for someone special! I'm so happy you joined our "Fancy Corners" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's absolutely stunning! I love the dimension and every beautiful element. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. thanks so much for sharing with our first challenge at Mini Album Makers.

      Delete
  15. I love your diorama. Or is it really a shadow box mini? Whichever, it is BEAUTIFUL and so detailed!!! Thanks for joining our FIRST challenge at Mini Album Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Julie! I was just thinking about you today, and looking forward to seeing your beautiful Christmas projects, but wow, this one has knocked me off my feet! Those papers are truly lovely, but you have used them in such a creative way, that the glory goes to you! I see someone already requested a tutorial, so I will just second that! I am thrilled you chose to share this with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love how you did the accordion to create a shadow box inside a book. Really cool project and beautifully designed and decorated. Thanks for joining the Mini Album Makers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing Julie, I love all the details of the exquisite scene you created, fabulous!!! Corinne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a gorgeous book vignette Julie! The animals certainly look like magical creatures in the winter woods inside the cover - thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey challenge (like old times!) Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! This is just stunning and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love the scene you've created! Just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Fancy Corners’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! This is amazing work. So very beautiful you must be so proud! Thanks so much for sharing this gem at The Holly & The Ivy, good luck and do come back again. Hugs Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julie, this is so gorgeous and truly Canadian! We love our winter and wildlife. Thank you for entering the Dares!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning project, love it!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics!!!
    Atlette DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is absolutely stunning, you are an inspiration. Saw this over on Dies R Us and had to pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning project. So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectic Ellapu this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. So lovely creation!!! It is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful Christmas scene! And inside a book! Thank you for sharing this fabulous project with us at MMW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. An absolutely delightful wintry scene inside your gorgeously decorated book box, Julie - this will make for a glorious piece of Christmas home decor. Thank you so much for playing along with the first Mini Album Makers Challenge.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for joining us on A Vintage Journey too, of course!
      Ax

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10