Translator

Sunday 5 June 2016

Let Life Surprise You


Hi everyone, thanks so much for your lovely comments on my previous post and a warm welcome to my new followers. We are having some beautiful warm weather here in Scotland and long may it last. Today for my DT card for Cheery Lynn Designs I am showcasing the wonderful new Rooster and the Floral Bouquet Kit which has beautiful flowers and amazing foliage dies in the set.

As you can see I decided to turn my Rooster into a Weather Vane, so let me take you through my steps.


In this photograph I had embossed the two middle sections and the right hand rooster on my mat to fluff out the feathers. Layering them onto my flat die cut rooster. 


I finished off with a complete Rooster on the top Layer.


This photograph shows the elements I cut out from the Ships Compass, you will see I also cut the letter 'S' so I could have it in a different position on my Weather Vane. I also painted a Barbecue Skewer with Black Gesso and used two arrows from my fun with arrows set trimming the point off one and the tail part off the other.


I then hid my join behind the Barbecue Skewer.


My floral arrangement I added Glossy accents to my Berries and my yellow flowers have Flowersoft in the centres.


I finished my card off with steampunk corners, touches of bling and small dried cream flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, you still have time to enter the Current Challenge - Lots of Layers to win a $20 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs. Good luck to all entering.


Crafty Hugs, 
Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn For :
I would like to enter this in to the following Challenges:

22 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant design! A slight different from your usual style, but still stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Julie! I love the textured layers of the rooster. I just got the steampunk corner die and cannot wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an incredible card Julie, that rooster is so clever!! These new dies from CL are really amazing and you use them so well. Love how you did him in black, looks brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully detailed card Julie and of course you know I'm going to say how much I love your flowers!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Julie, loving your rooster weather vane and the way you have made him 3d by fluffing out his feathers. Really effective and very clever. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rooster Julie and your brilliant card, it reminds me of graphic 45 in its colours and design. Have a great week. XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card with a fantastic design!! So inspiring! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Julie! Love that rooster, wow! Such an amazing palette and the contrast creates a rich countryside feel! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning creation! My MIL would just love this card!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is awesome! Thanks for all the fabulous details, tips & tricks! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, I love how,you gave the Rooster some dimension. Love the flowers and colourway too . Lovely design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool card! Love that Rooster and the fun color combo too! Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card and love that rooster! What fabulous die cuts! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous design. The paper and background is perfect for that wonderful rooster. Love how you layered his feathers to get the dimension. Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us.
    Kathy Krug
    DRU
    Design Team A

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, you have such cool and unusual dies! This is amazing! I have a friend who loves roosters and I love to make her stuff. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all those beautiful layers you have created here Julie. The addition of the cockerel as a weather vane looks fabulous against the flowers etc. TF's and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful design on this Julie! I just LOVE that rooster - so effective in the black - and your foliage is so pretty! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card - I love the boldness of color and that fantastic rooster. You are sooooooo dang good! No wonder they pay you the big bucks!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning! What wonderful idea and what a great card this makes! Just trying to catch up today! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julie, this is a brilliant design. Those black die cuts really stand out and make the whole design pop. Great. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, love all the dies incorporated, beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at Emerald Faeries, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise {DT for EFC}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10