Translator

Friday 4 September 2015

Home Sweet Home - A Vintage Journey


Hi fellow bloggers, thanks so much for stopping by today to see my DT post for A Vintage Journey. Jennie is hosting this months challenge called Home Sweet Home and we have to incorporate in to our design what sums up home for us all. I love having vintage touches around my home so I decided to make a wall hanging for my bedroom, incorporating a lot of my favourite things.


I started off with an MDF Ornate Frame which measures 11'' x 8'' that my daughter purchased for me in America  applying paint with Cut n Dry Foam.


Stamping Andy Skinner's Industrial Stamp set.


Next adding some gilding flakes to some areas.


Finally adding a thick layer of Crackle Glaze and rubbing over some Distress ink when dry to highlight the cracks.


Onto some Grey board I stencilled some Crackle paste and added a little paint to the background and a little Black Distress Paint paint to the perimeter.


My paper I had to join as it was a 6x6 pad but I wasn't concerned about the join as I new it would be hidden when finished. I gathered my paper and highlighted with Distress ink, tattered the edges and added stitching and lace for detail. Also adding little pieces of lace ribbon which I had coloured with Milled Lavender Distress Paint. I glued my paper in place with a little Cheesecloth added into areas.


I glued my image on to an MDF Oval rubbing back the edges of my print with a baby wipe. I highlighted her necklace with some gems and her hairpiece with a couple of buttons and gems.


I love Cherubs and have a few around my house so I wanted to add one into my design. On my resin cherub I added a little paint to his sheet and a layer of crackle glaze and once dry a little Distress ink was rubbed over. My metal leaves had a little gilding wax added to them.

Finally finishing off with lots of pearls.

Please hop over HERE to see all the amazing projects from my Teamies. This challenge runs for a month so hopefully you will get some time to join in to have a chance of winning a £20 voucher to spend at Country View Crafts.

Julie x

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful feminine hanging, love the cherub you added and the backdrop is lovely and delicate. Beautifully embellished. So pleased to be joining you on the team. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is just lovely, it should have a place of honor in someone's Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an elegant framed project Julie! Love the scroll work in purple and silver shimmer - your lovely vintage Miss - and the sweet cherub and beautiful flower in the corner! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful step by step you have shared Julie...Thank you !!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Julie, this is amazing! I love the vintage style and thank you for explaning how you made the frame. I will keep this in mind and will give it a try one day.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,
    This is a beautifull image and I love the Vintage look!
    It will be very nice in your bedroom, thank you for sharing this tutorial!
    Always so nice to see how dinggen arise! Enjoy your beautiful creation!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a vintage piece and so beautiful! the image is so beautiful and you have given her a perfect abode!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant, Julie, with such a glamorous touch of sparkle. I can imagine it gracing the walls of your bedroom - must be quite the boudoir!! I'm a big Lily Elsie fan, and this is one of my favourite photos of her - and you've really given her a perfect setting to show her off.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully created vintage piece Julie - such elegance! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous vintage make Julie! So elegant and graceful!
    Thank you for the inspiration :)
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful. Thank you for the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful vintage inspired piece Julie. The centre piece picture is stunning but you have created a wonderful canvas for it. Just stunning! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning vintage project Julie, wow, you are such a master at this style! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vintage vogue with real elegance and class at its best! Julie . x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Julie, I love the ornate frame and how you have added that gorgeous photo to it.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is vintage gorgeousness! I love that you added the gems and button to the focal image. Awesome sauce! That frame is in my stash so now I have an idea, thanks for the inspiration! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a totally glamorous piece Julie! It transports me to the 20's with the rich and famous enjoying themselves. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie, this is a stunning piece and will lovely in your home! I love that frame and feminine touches. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Abolutely Fabulous !Stunning ! Exquisite.!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, Julie!! So romantic and pretty!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I love how you joined the papers on this beautiful frame! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful Julie, such lovely colours and detail. I adore how you aged and sewed the paper layer and added the bits of lace, so pretty! A gorgeous piece to grace your home, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool process and beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL! I love your vintage wall hanging, and those special touches just melt my heart! the gems on her necklace and buttons in her hair! I love how you finished off your cherub, and seeing your process. This will be a lovely addition to your home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10