Translator

Thursday 2 January 2014

Time for Inspiration



Over at at The Shabby tea room, the challenge this week is to make something with black, cream,white and Kraft card from an Inspirational photo they show you.
At Country View Challenge the theme is Monochromatic so I thought I could combine this card to work in both Challenges.

I got out my various colours of card to work with. I die cut my sizzix clock out in black . I then layered it onto a piece of Kraft card, that I had distressed with my  distress tool and partly tore around the edges and stamped with a crackle stamp over the kraft card and worked some distress ink in. Layered both up and sprinkled some Frantage into areas.






My Inspiration stamp,  was stamped with archival Ink on to white card. I then tore around the edges added my crackle and splodge stamp for texture and distressed over and gilded edges. The script stamp was done in the same way but I crumpled the piece of paper too, to give another dimension and sprayed a little water on to lift some ink back off.




My feather was stamped with Versamark and embossed with holographic powder, this was repeated again so I had 2 images to layer up after carefully cutting into the stamped image to give a feather effect. I distressed edges and ruffled up the paper, layered on top of each other and added the pen nib with a little piece of twine.

 Hope you have enjoyed looking at my card,


 Julie x


 I wish to enter this in - Colour Challenge at 
http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/week-199-color-challenge.html


And enter it in to Monochromatic challenge at - http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/  


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - I love the quill pen and your beautiful, vintage colour palette. Lovely work. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the quote!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design Julia. The quill itself is outstanding too. Enjoy the challenges in 2014. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julia ! I love the feather ! Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10