Translator

Friday 15 September 2017

September Blog Hop


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. Today at Cheery Lynn Designs we are having a blog Hop to Give Thanks to all our Fans by giving you 15% off all our store wide Dies and Supplies from 15th September through until 22nd September. Do check it out HERE.


My card today has an Autumnal feel to it which could easily be adapted for a Thanksgiving card.


I started by cutting out my curved edged Stacker Die in brown card stock. My next layer I wanted to look like shabby strips of wood so I painted a sheet of cardstock with brown paint and applied a layer of crackle paint. Once dry I added white paint to the top to reveal the crackles and sprinkled on Gold Embossing powder, heat setting in place. I then cut into strips, tattering and inking the edges layering onto my card with foam strips.


My sentiment was stamped onto Kraft card and torn around the edges, applying some ink in Autumnal colours.


My Autumn bouquet you will notice my acorns were cut out in Kraft card. I layered the base part twice and coloured with a dark brown Copic Pen, the nut part I added some Distress crackle paint to it.


My swirls were Heat embossed with a mixture of metallic powders. My leaves were cut out in several shades, inking some with Autumnal colours and adding some Distress powders onto them. The berries were coloured with a few shades of Copic Pens adding Glossy Accents onto them.

I'd love for you to leave a comment, I so enjoy reading them.  Please be sure to leave a comment at Cheery Lynn Designs to also be in with a chance of winning a $20 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs. 

Your next stop on the hop is lovely Lisa's blog.

Crafty Hugs
Julie x

Cheery Lynn Dies Used -

26 comments:

  1. Oh my word, soooo beautiful Julie, now my favourite creation of yours
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, gorgeous. Love the bling on the acorns and the glossy berries. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Julie. I love the rustic fall feel it has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card. Everything looks so realistic I can just feel the crunch of leaves beneath myself and smell the autumn air. I love the sentiment, may I ask who it's by please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, its from a company called Inkylicious.

      Delete
  5. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love the beautiful details and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the textures and dimension, as well as the beautiful layering! Fabulous details on this lovely autumn card! Love the acorns and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunner Julie, those leaves and berries look real. I also love the weathered background you have created. Ab fab my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful, lush, fall harvest card! Love all that color!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love your cluster of berries and leaves. Awesome creation of the wood panels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many pretty touches to your card..love the sentiment on kraft cardstock and the heat embossed swirls. Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wood look, this is a lovely fall card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layering and colors. Brings me back to memories of the drives with my husband in the fall when the trees are changing colors and just a little breeze and sun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I absolutely love that look of old WOOD. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully created fall card with fabulous details!!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work of art. Julie, this is a got to make one, card. Your attention to color and detail is truly inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely card. Reminds me of the drives my husband and I took in early fall when the trees were just changing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW ! Such detail and patience. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG What a fabulous card!Love all the details like sprinkles of embossing powder. And my favorite part is the weathered wood

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Julie, and so well put together. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how I love all the wonderful textures and techniques on this gorgeous card! Makes me want a glass of apple cider!

    ReplyDelete
  23. definitely makes fall come alive and at my reach - thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10