Translator

Monday 21 September 2015

Hello Friend


Hi there fellow bloggers, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Today I am sharing with you a card made with the most amazing 12x12 paper pad called Bloom Beautiful from Craft Consortium. When I first saw this pad I just ooh'd and ahh'd at every sheet and I am continuing to drool over this paper pad every time I open it. Please check it out HERE.


I started off by die cutting my Birdcage in Chipboard and adding some DecoArt Crackle paint. Whilst still wet I sprinkled a little Distress powder in Milled Lavender and dried it with my heat gun so the paint would bubble a bit more for texture. Finishing off with a little gilding wax and fussy cut birds from the paper pad.


I sprayed my paper with a little water on the reverse side and gathered in to look like a curtain, drying in place with my heatgun. I added 2 rows of stitching, a handmade Rose along with a stamped sentiment and a ribbon to finish.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Julie x

Paper Used:

Cheery Lynn Dies used :

20 comments:

  1. Julie, this is amazing! So romantic. And yes: the papaers are gorgeous!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Julie, love the little birds and the beautiful composition yet again, your cards really are mini works of art ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Julie, you have such a wonderful sense of grace and elegance! Love this card so much!
    Hugs :)
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card ,lovely paper .
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Julie and thanks for explaining how you made it.
    Happy crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty colors and love the subtle texture on the bird cage
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful beautiful Julie. My fav part is the drapes. I just learned a few days ago that you can wet paper and make it do things like that but... not all paper is high enough quality!! Says alot for this Craft Consortium paper. Just love this. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really are gorgeous papers Julie...I love the Gipsy ones and these are equally special. Your card is so pretty, I love the textures and that the papers look like curtains, very clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! Gorgeous, feminine and vintage xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and love what you did to the paper! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful make with that gorgeous paper Julie! They can be so lucky they have you on their team, - this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so pretty, Julie! Love the papers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really gorgeous card Jylie, the cage and birds are exquisite and I love your curtains, fantastic idea! :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, this is so pretty! I love the birdcage and the lovely curtain details! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really is gorgeous - the papers certainly appeal to me! Been trying to catch up - failing miserably but enjoyed seeing your posts! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicate, elegant and full of beauty!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely charming - I love the pleated curtain effect and soft shabby chic colour palette - a delightful card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! How beautiful is this! The paper scrunched up to give a peek of the layer beneath is a fabulous idea!!! Love that the stitching keeps it in place. So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10