Translator

Thursday 10 September 2015

Gypsy Gypsy Travel Chest


Hi, my fellow bloggers, lovely to have you stop by to see my latest post and thank you so much to everyone who left a comment on my last post, here on my blog and on Facebook, it made my day.


Today I am sharing with you a small Balsa Wood chest box measuring approx 3 x 2 x 2 inches that I altered using Craft Consortium's paper pad - Gypsy Gypsy and some of their In House Creations Decoupage Papers.


I started off by adding some Archival Ink around all the edges to make it look a Mahogany colour, next layering on a coat of Deco Art Crackle Glaze.


My papers were trimmed to size with a little Distress Ink added to the edges. Now in your Gypsy Gypsy Pad there are the most beautiful Lacey Transfers of all widths, I rubbed one onto the papers before gluing on my box.


I fussy cut the Rose and Butterfly adding a few black gems and Platinum Stickles around the edges. My chests opening catch is a bead from a broken bracelet.


On the top of my Trunk I cut out Cheery Lynn Hinges and applied Andy Skinners rust technique to age them. I fussy cut out this beautiful image from the pad edging with a Black pen and adding accents of paper from my Gypsy Gypsy Pad along with a little key, finally adding some more Stickles and a little Felt onto my underneath base.


Please do check out all the wonderful papers from Craft Consortium and like their FB page - Craft Consortium Ltd, where you have a chance of winning many fabulous giveaways.


Julie x

12 comments:

  1. A real TREASURE chest Julie. You used gorgeous papers!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pretty box, very feminine . Love the papers. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh hun I love this its beautiful xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful transformation from a plain box - love the vintage decorating with these lovely papers and all the sparkle! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie such a beauty this is ...I do love the glittery borders
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable little vintage chest - lovely work.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Lovely vintage style , gorgeous composition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH!!! I really like this! What a great vintage trunk!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Julie! This is such a fun little treasure chest!! I just love the additions of jewelry pieces to your creations!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Julie, love the lovely images in those Gypsy Gypsy papers! Amazing transformation of this little box, it's definitely a treasure now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely adorable chest,, beautifully decorated. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10