Translator

Saturday 15 August 2015

Thankful Harvest


Hi everyone. In Scotland the Farmers are now ploughing their fields and bringing in their Harvest, which made me think of using this wonderful New Release die 'Thankful Harvest' for my DT card this week at Cheery Lynn Designs. I love the versatility of it as it suits Thanksgiving cards perfectly and would also be lovely on an Autumn Birthday card or a Recipe Book project to name a few.


I cut out my centre square highlighting the stitches with a Fineliner pen, also using my Burlap Border as a die cut and a stencil to add some extra interest on to the background.


My Wheatheads I layered twice for extra dimension adding the little bow double layered from the Mistletoe Die.


My Thankful Harvest I cut out in White Cardstock and started to shade the fruit and vegetables with my Copics and the basket I shaded with inks. I filled my Pumpkins layering up twice for a 3d look. My Grapes I kept all the small bits of waste, shaping them on my embossing mat and gluing back in place with a little Silicone glue to raise them up, finally added Glossy Accents to give them a sheen. My corn I had embossed with my die (TECHNIQUE HERE) trimming around the cob and shading with Copics before gluing in place.


Thanks for stopping by today and for all the lovely comments you leave me, they are always greatly appreciated. 

 Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for :


12 comments:

  1. Oh. Julie, this is so gorgeous! I love all the dies you used here and your colour choice! Wonderful design!
    Hugs! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done with this die Julie...gorgeous grapes and the wheat heads are so realistic. Have a lovely weekend, wrist is still immobilized for another 2 weeks then I have to go back again to see if it needs an MRI. Fingers crossed not and it is improving slowly. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Julie!! I can't believe all the fabulous little elements here, and you have put them together like they were meant to be that way! Love it!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Julie, I just love that gorgeous burlap die and you have used it beautifully for your background. The elements you added are wonderful and I love how you did the layering up of the wheat heads, they look so realistic. A beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card Julie, fab little details and makes me feel nostalgic for the school harvest festival days of childhood ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful harvest themed card Julie, wonderful texture from the burlap die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely cornucopia, Julie! Great layers and the design is brilliant! Love all the flowing produce! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, indeed it's harvest time already. Your card is really wonderfull!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and I love the cornucopia! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, Julie!! The farmers are harvesting here in North Idaho, too and this card captures this season wonderfully!! Oh goodness, I could just eat this card up!! I see corn and apples and squash--YUM! :) :) Just a lovely card!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Julie!!! Love it!
    Hugs :)

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dies are really nice and I love the dimension you've given to your opulent cornucopia - and especially the glossy grapes!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10