Hello Everyone, I am totally overwhelmed with all your comments here and at Country View Challenges on my project Memories at Sea and each and every one means the world to me. I am back with another exciting project to share with you all. Last month I was so honoured to be chosen for the second time as outright winner with Our Creative Corner for my Flowers in a Cart. So today I am showcasing my Little House of Curiosities on my blog and as Top Talent over at Our CreativeCorner today.
Some of you will know already that I have a large Dolls House and before I became addicted to paper craft, I would love to craft for my dolls house. When I saw these little houses in my local craft shop my mind went into overdrive at what I could do with them. My idea in this one was to capture small accents of a large dolls house.
I initially gave the house a good sanding to which I applied some Gesso to seal it, followed by Grunge Paste through 2 different stencils. I then shaded on some Paper Artsy paints and added some Gilding wax.
My roof was an absolute labour of love. A Cheery Lynn flower die was used to give my tiled effect. I then cut out each individual petal and probably took 2 nights sitting in front of the TV curling the edges and gluing them all on my roof. Yes I must be crazy, but it was rather therapeutic lol.
My crackles were added to my house by stamping onto a paper handkerchief with Archival Ink. I then tore around the edges and applied onto my house with multi medium. This is a great technique to use especially when you want to get into awkward areas. The flourish accents were stamped onto my house with Flitter Glue and Gilding Flakes.
I backed Bo Bunny papers onto the back walls, adding some Frantage on to some, glittered stencil paste, pearls, lace, stamping and Fussy cutting on other areas.
My chandelier was made in the same way I did on my Memories at Sea project, but this time I painted my candles white and added a chain to the top.
My picture frame was painted white with some gilding wax added. I stamped my image, shaded with Copics and double embossed my image with powders to give it a faded look.
My mannequin was a wooden button, I painted and added pearls to. I die cut out a butterfly twice and layered to the back interlocking on the metal embellishment. The problem now was to get this to stand without glue showing. I used a metal cabochon and poured some utee into it and quickly placed my mannequin into the hot utee. Hey presto a stand !
My little perfume bottles are all made from beads. Pearls, lace and small metal corners were added to finish.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thanks once again to Our Creative Corner and the super talented design team for giving me this opportunity again.
I would like to enter this in to :
- Stamping Sensations - Things with Wings Challenge
- Craft Stamper - Make it Take it Challenge
- We Love Vintage - Challenge 32 Butterflies
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp and Stencil Fun
- Imagination Crafts - Anything Goes Challenge ( Used Leaf Swirl & Honeycomb Stencil
- Live and Love Crafts - Things with Wings Challenge