Translator

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Time to Create.


Hello all my fellow bloggers. I have been patiently waiting on my copy of Tim Holtz new Book which finally arrived enabling me to play at the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 3 run by Linda Ledbetter here. Each fortnight a page in the book is chosen to play along with a technique. I unfortunately missed the first challenge waiting on my book, but I am excited to share my entry for the second challenge. Info for the current challenge is on Page 56 of Tim’s new book.

First of all I decided what colours to use in my Distress products - which are all listed at the bottom of my post and chose a few stamps and dies to compliment my Size 8 tag. I stamped my chandelier style stamp with Gesso and then started to layer on some Distress Stain. Once I was happy with this I started to stamp on my accent stamps with coordinating colours and more Distress. I don’t have a full photo of my tag before layering up as I got carried away and realised as I was just about finished it. So I will now just show some photo’s around my tag, as you will have to get Tim’s book to find out the How To technique applied with the Distress Glitter.





Anyway, pop on over to the challenge blog and you will see lots of fabulous inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks to my husband Chris for picking up the Distress Glitter so well in the photographs. Hope you are all managing to get some time to create this week. 

Julie x

I wish to enter this in - Compendium of Curiosities 3-Challenge 2

Products Used –

Size 8 Tag, Distress Inks Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge, Antique Linen and Peeled Paint. Distress Stains Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge. Distress Glitter Victorian Velvet, Rusty Hinge. Cheery Lynn DL278 Fishtail Banners. Sizzix sewing room and weathered clock Bigz and Sizzix Tattered Florals Strip. Indigo Blu Hexagon and crackle stamps, Magnolia Script Stamp. Stampendous Chandelier flourish. Gesso. Craft Stash.


8 comments:

  1. Great tag Julie, beautifully bling bling. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I am so glad you are joining us in this challenge! The tag is absolutely beautiful! i LOVE the design in the manequin you were able to create with the two different colors of glitter! great job! the flowers are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make the most beautiful pieces Julie and this is no exception. Your treatment of the dress form is stunning, I love the chandelier stamp in the background and those lovely pops of black here and there to set the whole thing off - this is wonderful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you achieved the glittered design on the bodice is to be commended...so cool! Great tag! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous, sumptuous tag! I love it! I'm sorry I'm so behind with commenting. I've been unwell and I had to go to hospital on Monday. Everything is fine and I'm really relieved, but I need to catch up with commenting and crafting now! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've used the glitter on the mannequin Julie and your choice of colours is spot on. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag with gorgeous colours!! Great use of that glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! Love how you used the glitters, very unique... congrats to Chris too, awesome pics! Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10