Translator

Thursday 16 January 2014

Visit to the Snow Queen


                                             Click on Image to enlarge  


The challenge at Cheery Lynn this week is Snowflakes.
 When gathering stash together for this card I realised I only had a punch and stamps with snowflakes. So. I studied my stamp of the children going through the snow, trying to get inspired. Then I remembered the story of the Snow Queen and the children Kai and Gerda that she tried to get under her spell. This is where my inspiration started. Isn’t it strange how things can pop into our head which we haven’t thought of in years and suddenly we are inspired.




I started off by wanting to make a big flower that looked like the Snow Queen had turned it into ice. I used my Cheery Lynn corner die. This comes in a pack with another 2 and I find them extremely useful for lots of shapes. I cut out 6 of them and placed  in to a shape that now looked like a snowflake / flower. Attached together with a brad and added some glamour dust for an extra icy effect.



I then stamped my image of the children with Archival ink and shaded a few parts with a distress pen and added some frantage to give a blizzard effect, mounted onto mirri card and coordinating paper.



 I cut out white card and punched the edges and used gilding flakes with 2 snowflake stamps and some more frantage. along with some extra snowflakes from my punch, to give more texture to the background. Around the edges I pieced back on the snowflakes and placed some gems into them.





Hope you have enjoyed looking at my card,

Julie x



I wish to enter this in Snowflakes Challenge


http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-115.html

Products used – Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco E, B165.

Also – Crafty Individuals christmas stamp, silver gilding flakes,  glamour dust, frantage jewel kit, Milled lavender distress ink, pen and paper. Mirri card, MS punch aroundthepage snowflake, archival ink watering can and gems.


10 comments:

  1. I adore that story, it's one of my favourite fairy tales and you have so captured that magical, icy atmosphere. This looks as if it is actually made from real snow and ice: it is exquisite. I love your blog and your work. Thank you for the nice comments you have left on mine. I really appreciate them. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I think you have done a brilliant job with this card not only have you captured the essence of a lovely story but actually recreated it through your card ..I love the flower you have made using the corner die that's so "genius"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful winter card.
    So many beautiful details and the stamp is super.
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful entry...love your snow flower. I love using my dies for other than intended....good luck with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Using the corner die to make a flower is genius! Love it! Thank you for joining us for thhe cherry lynn challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, how very clever to create a snowflake from the corner die. Very stunning! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie your card is gorgeous and your flower is very pretty and a clever design. Thank you for your lovely comments on my card. I suppose coming from somewhere that sees so much snow it would seem odd to you that I've never seen it. It does snow over here but much further south than I've ever been and certainly not for to long. We have just been through a heat wave here. The temps inside the house got to around 40c and outside to around 60c I was wishing for snow. ....lol
    Goodluck with the challenge. ..... Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julie, gorgeous! Love your creations and style!

    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lost for words. This is just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully pretty card Julie. Very clever use of dies too, especially in the making of the main snowflake. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10