Translator

Sunday 12 January 2014

The Parfumerie


                                            Click on Image to Enlarge
Hello Everyone,
Hope you are all managing to grab a few hours to craft over this cold weekend. I have had an idea in my head now for a very long time to make a Victorian Style ladies department store, be it in a different way than this. But, when I read the challenge at LLC headed Perfume, this idea sprung to mind along with Jean Paul Gaultier perfume bottles. So I started to think of how to make a spin off variation on it and when I read the challenge at OCC- Shopping Sins, I thought of my grand dies that had never been used. My crafty head now went into overdrive day and night, for almost a full week as I made this. How fab. I was able to combine it all with WLVC Anything Goes and Maya Designs mood board challenges too. I wanted the finished project to have a twist on a ladies dressing table top with Perfume, Jewellery and Victoriana all on it. 



My Perfume bottles are all made from different beads . Another shopping sin. I don’t make jewellery, but my daughter does. So we go to these stands together at Craft Shows and I can never resist how pretty they are and end up buying some. My hand mirror was a wooden button I painted and gilded. The cameo is an old earring with the back cut off.

Thinking best to make an Easel card. Only one problem, I had never used my Grand Dies. This was a ‘Shopping Sin’ of mine,  I had watched it being demo’d on how to make various shaped cards, but had never used since purchasing . Question now was could I remember what to do ? Several attempts later I started to cut out my Maja Design papers and made an easel card.




The perfume sign was stamped onto white card and re-stamped with a crackle stamp. I then shaded it all with distress. And added the Cutie Fringe as shown. On the base I applied the same technique as on my perfume sign as I thought this useful to support my card as well as give a nice edging.






My Parasol was made from a bead finding that I put frantage on. I also placed a cocktail stick through the bottom of it, placed in a few paper flowers and finally a hat pin. The handbag was cut from a spellbinders die. I pierced holes around to give a faux stitching effect, added pearls and a flower. The handle is a bit metal wire threaded with some seed pearls. The mannequin was painted first edged with gilding wax and butterfly die and other bits mounted onto it.




















My Large Mannequin I cut out in mountboard. Stamped with distress and then went over certain areas with a Versamark pen and embossed to highlight areas. Shaded with more distress and gilding wax. The ribbon I stamped with archival Ink. Finishing touches added.




The Corset was stamped and embossed onto Parchment paper. I cut this out twice and added pearls and a miniature ric rac to it to give dimension.














Apologies for my post being rather on the large side. But I wanted you all to see every little detail as best as possible and I think Chris has captured it well with his photography. And believe it or not I do still have ideas sitting in my ‘Craft Bank’ for this project, unused !!!

Thanks for looking and your crafty comments are always appreciated.

Julie x

I wish to enter this in :
 http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/no-more-shopping-sins.html

 http://wlvc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/challenge-nr-17-en-random-winnaar.html

 http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/challenge-19-perfume.html

 Maja Design – Mood Board

Products used; Grand Nestabilities 1 (My shopping sin). Also Cheery Lynn Dies B117, B178, B152, DL180. MC Butterfly, Crafty Individuals stamps CI 148, CI 341. Magnolia script, Whimsy ticket, Crackle stamp and corset Indigo Blu, Maja design papers Vintage summer Basics,Archival Ink Potting Soil, DI’s Tattered rose, Victorian velvet, Frayed Burlap, Paperartsy paints Snowflake and Rose. Treasure gold. Platinum Stickles. Frantage Aged Ivory and Aged Bronze. Various craft stash and LLC stash. 

14 comments:

  1. very beautiful card and pretty design Julie and the dressdoll is gorgeous.
    thak you for join us at WLVC.
    greetings from Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Julie each time I see one of your designs I think this is your best yet and this once certainly is. It is very beautiful and you show how to make your own embellishments. I am sure many people will be inspired by your work and like me wait patiently to see what your next creation will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a gorgeous card ..I love the way you have created those embellies ..thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome card! So much thought and detail went into that one - I can see! LOVE your delicate make!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo....how lovely and so romantic!!!! Great card and so much lovely details. Thanx for playing with us at WLVC.
    Hugs Plony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi juliz. I looked at your blog en I think you make lovely cards.
    I decide to follow you.
    Have a nice day Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a beautifully made.Truly has a gift card super nice.
    All that fun details of congratulations with your creation.
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is absolutely gorgeous ! A real piece of art ! So many amazing, beautiful details :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie,
    2nd attempt; too many typos in my 1st comment. :-) Wow; there are so many gorgeous details to look at on this card! The longer I look, the more I discover. The tiny perfume bottles are adorable & the dress forms are so beautifully made. Always been a pastel girl, so this is right up my street! Thanks for sharing with us at LLC. Have a nice creative weekend!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful project and I bet you had a wonderful time creating all those gorgeous little elements. Stunning! MMx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! and Wow! again! I just love all those little details - a truly wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW you are certainly creative!! I can't get over all the small things you made out of the items you used. Incredible!! Just gorgeous and well done! Thanks so much for joining our "Perfume" challenge at LLC and hope to see you play again!
    Hugs,
    Eulanda
    LLC Designer
    January Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm blown away Julie - this is fantabulous! So many beautiful little ingredients to behold. Brilliantly designed and crafted. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10