Translator

Tuesday 7 January 2014

The Hummingbird


Cheery Lynn’s Challenge this week is Winter White. I had purchased their Hummingbird die last month and thought this would blend beautifully with the challenge. As rather than be reminded of  Scotland’s cold wet winters, I thought it would be much nicer to imagine warm winter climates, when keeping to this theme.

I was very much aware whilst making my card, I wanted the camera to pick up on the detail and having never made a card before that is purely white, I was unsure how it would photograph. So firstly, I decided to cut out various dies in white cardstock and literally, played with moving them about on another layer of white card, to see how they would ‘pop’ forward on the paper. I would recommend everyone doing this, although, I did realise I had sat for probably 2 hours just doing this. It wasn’t wasted time as I have now noticed lots of different shapes and patterns in my dies, rather than just the obvious ones. I also noticed that even though I was working with the same white card throughout my project depending on how I placed it, different shading would happen. So a good learning curve all round.




My corner die, I noticed linked together when you cut out several and blended beautifully to this shape I created. I  glued the links together on the reverse side so no glue marks would show. 




You may be asking yourself what die I have used around the edges. This is what I would call the ‘sequin waste’ from the Cuties 1 strip die and  I pierced along the edges using my piercing ruler. I then put a curve into the paper to give it a 3D effect rather than it lying flat on my card.  




My roses I shaded with Antique Linen distress so they would pop forward on my card. I also cut the Humming Bird out twice and layered up and added some Glamour Dust. I layered on some pearls as still wanted it to have a Vintage feel to it.






A little fact for you all... The Hummingbird is the only bird that is able to fly forward and backwards.

I hope everyone has enjoyed looking at my post. Your comments are always appreciated.

Julie x.

I wish to enter this in to : http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-114.html   Winter Whites Challenge.

Products Used: B178 Flourish Leaf Strip, B149 Cuties 1, B193 Hummingbird, B154 Medium Rose, B152 Miniature Rose, B165 Lace Corner Deco E. Also used Antique Linen, Glamour Dust , Pearls and stamens.

9 comments:

  1. This is just lovely and I love how you used your inverted cuties cut here for the trim! Very clever and so is your pieced frame!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs for our challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well thought-out and executed. Just lovely! White on white is so stunning and effective. Humming birds are my favourite creatures. Congratulations on your OCC win with your beautiful, neutral tones creation! Well deserved! You are so talented and your blog is a delight. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work with the dies. So elegant and classy!

    Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thanks for the tips - the ideas are fabulous!!! And the project is amazing)))
    Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card ..I so love the frame you have created using the corner dies ..Its so pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, this is stunning. Love the negative use of the Cutie die, the piercing really accents it. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. White on white is always so elegant but this card, it is exquisite!
    Wishes
    Lynne
    Thank you for your comment on my Crafty Individuals card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so elegant. I love it! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for ur lovely comments on my blog :) Glad to be ur new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10